Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
In ‘The Complete Southern Cookbook’ by Tammy Allgood
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 8 hamburger buns
- Preheat the grill to med-high heat.
- Meanwhile, combine thyme, oregano, parsley, chives, salt, black pepper, and cayenne in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine the ground chuck and ground sirloin in a medium bowl.
- Divide the beef into 8 patties.
- Sprinkle the herb mixture evenly on each patty and press gently into the meat.
- Grill 6 minutes on each side, or until the beef is no longer pink in the center.
- Serve immediately on hamburger buns with your preferred condiments.
Bland, bland, bland. The ground beef needs at the very least salt and pepper. The herb topping did not give off much flavor. Only positive thing to say--the burgers were moist.