Recipe by Mr Dan1960
I cook a lot for friends, and this is a dish I like to put together for my Asian Friends.
- 2 tablespoons whole coriander seeds, smashed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 (8 ounce) tuna fillets
- 1⁄2 cup gingerroot, peeled and finely sliced
- 3 green chilies, seeded and finely sliced
- 8 radishes, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup coriander, leaves picked, stalks finely sliced
- 5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, to taste
- 2 limes, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the coriander seeds in a pestle and mortar, then mix in the chopped rosemary, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Sprinkle the mixture on a board or work surface.
- Roll and press the tuna fillets over this, making sure the meat is completely covered with the coating.
- In a very hot, ridged pan, sear off the meat for around 3-5 minutes until lite brown and ever so slightly crisp on all sides.
- Remove fillets from the pan.
- Allow them to rest for 5 minutes before slicing as thinly as possible.
- lay the sliced tuna on a large plate.
- Gather the ginger slices and slice finely across into little delicate matchsticks.
- Scatter these over the tuna with the chilies, radishes and coriander.
- Drizzle a very small amount of sesame oil, some soy sauce and freshly squeezed lime juice over the fillets.