Herb Dumplings With Pork Chops
- In a bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms, water and sage; set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the pork chops on both sides in oil; top with onion. Pour soup mixture over top. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- For dumplings, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, celery seed and sage in a bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto simmering soup mixture; sprinkle with parsley.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Cover and simmer 15 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in a dumplings comes out clean [do not lift while simmering].