This is a hearty stew and can be made from canned stew vegetables(see my recipe). I got this from the Ball Blue Book of Canning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make stew: Drain liquid from vegetables, reserving 1 1/2 cups.
- 2Combine cornstarch and water, stirring to dissolve cornstarch.
- 3Add reserved liquid.
- 4Cook until mixture thickens.
- 5Stir in drained vegetables; set aside.
- 6To make crust: Combine flour, herbs, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- 7With a pastry blender or two forks, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 8Stir in cream just until blended.
- 9Form dough into a ball.
- 10On a llightly floured surface, roll dough 1/4-inch thick.
- 11Cut dough into two 6-inch circles; cut vents in center of each dough round to allow steam to escape.
- 12Divide vegetable mixture between two 6-inch individual casserole dishes.
- 13Top each with crust.
- 14Place casserole dishes on a baking sheet.
- 15Bake at 350* for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- 16Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- 17Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Crusted Vegetable Stew
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.8
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 552.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: