Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Variation of Robin Miller's Quick Fix Meal. Healthy and easy way to prepare a turkey tenderloin, that doesn't require slaving over the stove. Spend the time with your kids instead! Goes great with asparagus, and can be thrown in the oven together. Even my toddler loved this!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless turkey tenderloins (I use Jennie-O, it is two pieces total)
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
- Season the turkey with salt and pepper all over.
- Brush the honey mustard over the turkey, then coat with the zest, rosemary and oregano. (I combine the zest and spices first.).
- Bake in oven until thermometer reads 160 or about 35-40 minutes.
- Let rest about 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy :).
Great tasting turkey! My DH even enjoyed the flavor of this turkey tenderloin! I rubbed the salt, pepper, and honey mustard on both sides of the turkey then sprinkled the rosemary and oregano only on one side. Baked with a cover on the dish for 35 minutes and it still wasnt fork tender so I uncovered and baked for another 15 minutes. Perfect for us and browned nicely, the kitchen smelled so good. This would be nice for a small turkey or turkey breast too. Made and reviewed for Kittencal's
Cooking with Herbs and Spices Tag-September ROSEMARY.
Tasty. I didn't have lemon yeast so I used a lemon infused spice (Garlic Garni w/lemon). This spice gave it the kick it needed. The timing is perfect, I mixed the mustard with the herbs altogether and put it on like a paste after I salt & peppered the pieces. Will make it again.
Trying this recipe for the first time. I will let u know how it goes over on the family.