Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Variation of Robin Miller's Quick Fix Meal. Healthy and easy way to prepare a turkey tenderloin, that doesn't require slaving over the stove. Spend the time with your kids instead! Goes great with asparagus, and can be thrown in the oven together. Even my toddler loved this!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless turkey tenderloins (I use Jennie-O, it is two pieces total)
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
- Season the turkey with salt and pepper all over.
- Brush the honey mustard over the turkey, then coat with the zest, rosemary and oregano. (I combine the zest and spices first.).
- Bake in oven until thermometer reads 160 or about 35-40 minutes.
- Let rest about 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy :).
Loved this recipe. The meat stayed moist and it was a bit crusty. The tenderloins I bought weighed one and a quarter pounds, and consisted of two pieces. So the larger piece was done in about 30-35 min. and the smaller piece took about 25 min. I was using a convection oven. I used regular brown spicy mustard and added two teaspoons of honey. I only used the rosemary not oregano. Did not use lemon zest. The best tip I can give is to make this on a foil lined pan coated lightly with cooking spray or oil. I always use this method and in this case the foil was really quite blackened with the mustard on it burning. The turkey, however, came out perfectly.
Great tasting turkey! My DH even enjoyed the flavor of this turkey tenderloin! I rubbed the salt, pepper, and honey mustard on both sides of the turkey then sprinkled the rosemary and oregano only on one side. Baked with a cover on the dish for 35 minutes and it still wasnt fork tender so I uncovered and baked for another 15 minutes. Perfect for us and browned nicely, the kitchen smelled so good. This would be nice for a small turkey or turkey breast too. Made and reviewed for Kittencal's
Cooking with Herbs and Spices Tag-September ROSEMARY.
Healthy, easy, and tasty. What more could you ask for?