Variation of Robin Miller's Quick Fix Meal. Healthy and easy way to prepare a turkey tenderloin, that doesn't require slaving over the stove. Spend the time with your kids instead! Goes great with asparagus, and can be thrown in the oven together. Even my toddler loved this!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
- Season the turkey with salt and pepper all over.
- Brush the honey mustard over the turkey, then coat with the zest, rosemary and oregano. (I combine the zest and spices first.).
- Bake in oven until thermometer reads 160 or about 35-40 minutes.
- Let rest about 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy :).
Loved this recipe. The meat stayed moist and it was a bit crusty. The tenderloins I bought weighed one and a quarter pounds, and consisted of two pieces. So the larger piece was done in about 30-35 min. and the smaller piece took about 25 min. I was using a convection oven. I used regular brown spicy mustard and added two teaspoons of honey. I only used the rosemary not oregano. Did not use lemon zest. The best tip I can give is to make this on a foil lined pan coated lightly with cooking spray or oil. I always use this method and in this case the foil was really quite blackened with the mustard on it burning. The turkey, however, came out perfectly.
Didn't have rosemary, so I used a tsp of dill and only a tsp of oregano. Was very tasty, but it wasn't "crusty", which I think would have added to the texture of the meat. Very easy to make and I will definitely make it again.
Followed directions to a tee but the organo was overwhelming. Next time I would either omit the oregano or at least, cut way back on it. It cooked perfectly, but did not care for the flavor it imparted.