Recipe by That is Dr House to you
from veggie life and missing from their online database.. Make sure you read the bottom note below recipe. This is an Apian, Lacto, Ovo Vegetarian recipe.
Top Review by jennyblender
This was quite good. I made it exactly as written but used seasoned bread crumbs and it came out crispy and delicious. THe sauce is a very flavorful low calorie idea when you are looking for a dip without all the fat. Enjoy and thanks for the recipe!
- 14 -16 ounces extra firm tofu (waterpacked)
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons coarse ground honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄3 cup matzo meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- minced fresh garlic, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 -2 tablespoon canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the tofu into four lengthwise slices.
- In bowl whisk sauce ingredients together and set aside to let flavors blend.
- In second bowl combine coating and toss to mix. Spread evenly on small plate and set aside.
- In wide shallow bowl or a deep plate, combine eggs and water and beat well with fork.
- In large nonstick skillet heat oil over med heat. Arrange bowls of egg and coating nearby. Coat 1 slice tofu with egg then to crumb cover surface well then transfer to hot skillet. Repeat until finished.
- Cook tofu until crispy. about 2 minutes Flip and crisp other side. Drizzle with sauce at table.
- NOTE: To get this tofu to crisp you MUST, I repeat MUST drain. To do this place the tofu on a slant board and place a heavy weight such as a plate and a cookbook on top of the tofu. Let it sit until the water stops running.
- You can change the texture of this by freezing the tofu. After freezing drain as directed.
- IF you do NOT DRAIN? It will NOT brown or get crispy.