Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Good Food Magazine. Easy to prepare and tastes great. Original recipe calls for apricot jam but I used what I had on hand which was orange marmalade.
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 2 lbs pork loin, skin and fat cut off
- 2 ounces fresh breadcrumbs (dried may be used)
- 2 ounces porridge oats
- 1 tablespoon thyme (or leaves from 3 sprigs fresh)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C/400°F.
- Brush the jam all over the pork loin.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the breadcrumbs, oats and thyme.
- Roll the pork in the mixture to cover it and place the pork into a baking dish. Press any excess breadcrumb mixture over the pork that may have fallen off.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 1 1/4 hours until cooked through. Leave to rest, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.