Recipe by looneytunesfan
An elegant meal that is sure to please.
Top Review by Musicaldragon84
I added minced onions, garlic salt and oregano to the meat to taste as well as swapping out the bread crumbs for ZESTA crackers and increasing the amount. Be Creative with the spices and amounts. My family LOVED my concoction and I couldn't cook before a couple days ago. :)
- 1 (4 1/2 lb) beef eye round or 1 (4 1/2 lb) sirloin tip roast
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, cut into halves
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Brush roast with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in large roasting pan; insert meat thermometer into center of thickest part of roast. Roast 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine 1/2 cup olive oil and paprika. Add potatoes; toss until lightly coated. In small bowl, combine bread crumbs, thyme, rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Carefully remove roast from oven. Place potatoes around roast. Press bread crumb mixture onto top of roast to form crust. Sprinkle any remaining bread crumb mixture over potatoes. Roast an additional 40 to 45 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 145°F for medium-rare or until desired doneness is reached. Transfer roast to carving board; tent with foil. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before carving. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Serve immediately with potatoes, spooning any bread crumb mixture from roasting pan onto meat.