1/5 Photos of Herb-Crusted Roast Beef
2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2-5 lbs boneless rump roast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 1/3 cups water, divided
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4-1/3 cup flour
- 1Put the roast with the fat side up, in an ungreased roasting pan.
- 2Mix together the cloves, mustard, lemon juice, oil, and Worcestershire sauce; stir to mix well.
- 3Pour over and evenly coat the roast.
- 4In a bowl, add the next 6 ingredients; mixing well.
- 5Rub herb mixture over roast.
- 6Bake roast, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 hours or until desired degree of doneness.
- 7Remove from oven and place roast on a warm serving platter.
- 8Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- 9Add 2 cups water and bouillon granules to pan drippings.
- 10Bring mixture to a boil.
- 11Mix together flour and 1/3 cup of water; stirring until smooth; gradually add to pan.
- 12Cook until bubbly and thickened, stirring constantly.
- 13Slice roast and serve with gravy.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb-Crusted Roast Beef
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.0
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 153.1 mg
- Sodium 765.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 43.0 g