Top Review by TeriLindquist
What a surprise to see my own recipe here! It was a winner in a 1998 issue of Taste of Home. To see so many wonderful reviews is truly a honor. Creating recipes is my passion, and knowing so many enjoy it is the best feeling in the world. Thank you for all the wonderful comments.
- 4 1⁄2-5 lbs boneless rump roast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 1⁄3 cups water, divided
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the roast with the fat side up, in an ungreased roasting pan.
- Mix together the cloves, mustard, lemon juice, oil, and Worcestershire sauce; stir to mix well.
- Pour over and evenly coat the roast.
- In a bowl, add the next 6 ingredients; mixing well.
- Rub herb mixture over roast.
- Bake roast, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 hours or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from oven and place roast on a warm serving platter.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water and bouillon granules to pan drippings.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Mix together flour and 1/3 cup of water; stirring until smooth; gradually add to pan.
- Cook until bubbly and thickened, stirring constantly.
- Slice roast and serve with gravy.