Recipe by Denise in NH
This recipe was in a December issue of Woman's World magazine and I planned on making it for Christmas dinner but misplaced the magazine. I just found the magazine this morning so I am putting it on Zaar so I will be able to make this delicious sounding Roast for Christmas day this year.
- 6 1⁄2-7 lbs beef rib roast
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place roast, fat-side up, in roasting pan.
- Spread top with mustard.
- Combine parsley, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper; press onto mustard.
- Roast 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Roast until meat thermometer inserted into center registers 140 degrees for medium rare, 2 hours, tenting with foil if necessary.
- Let stand 15 minutes before carving.