Chef #680297's Note:
Absolutely spectacular rack of lamb from the food addicts. This dish is a great date night recipe. I served it over some risotto, and it was mouth watering...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. To prepare the rub, chop the thyme, rosemary, sage leaves, oregano, parsley, and garlic cloves and put in a mortar and pestle. Add dijon mustard and olive oil and mash until paste-like.
- 22. Sprinkle the rack of lamb with salt and pepper. Then rub all over with the herb paste. Cover and let marinate in refrigerator overnight, up to a day.
- 33. Pre-heat oven to 400-degrees.
- 44. In a hot pan, add olive oil and sear both sides of the rack of lamb for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- 55. Put the pan with the rack of lamb inside the oven for 15 minutes for medium-rare meat. (Leave in longer for medium).
- 66. Reduce port wine and veal broth for about 20 minutes, until thicker consistency.
- 77. Let the rack of lamb rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Add port reduction sauce on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb With Port Reduction Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1502.5
- Calories from Fat 1085
- Total Fat 120.6 g
- Saturated Fat 56.3 g
- Cholesterol 275.8 mg
- Sodium 1480.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 51.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: