Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 27 mins
DH and I found this to be an easy, tasty way to prepare rack of lamb. It is from Williams-Sonoma Kitchen. Prep time includes marinating time. I believe DH and I had to cook longer than 15 mins for medium-rare. We skipped the lemon wedges as it was just the two of us and we weren't concerned about presentation.
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 4 garlic cloves, finley chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 racks of lamb, frenched
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon zest, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and 1/4 cup olive oil. Spread the mixture evenly over the racks of lamb. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season the racks of lamb with salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof saute pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 Tb olive oil. Add the lamb and cook until browned on both sides, about 7 minutes total.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook until the lamb is well browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the racks, away from the bone, registers 130F for medium-rare, about 15 minutes, or until done to your liking.
- Transfer the racks to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Carve into individual chops and serve the lemon wedges alongside.
This was so easy!! Lamb turned out so tender and good. I followed the directions exactly, except only used one rack for the two of us and as another reviewer said, I will also be making two racks next time.
This was delicious and easy! I served this with New Zealand Lamb Sauce drizzled over it since mint goes so well with lamb. Made for the Epicurean Queens, ZWT5: Family Picks.
Success! I made my Dh a Rack of Lamb lover with your recipe! It cam out spectacular! I used fresh herbs and finished cooking it in my toaster oven; so easy to prepare. Used 1 rack and it served 2 but...next time we each get a rack. Did not used lemon; was afraid it would take away for the taste. Thanks so much. I made this fo WT5. Rita