Recipe by teacher2mykids
This recipe was in the Publix's "Gift to You Recipes" booklet and had three prime rib recipes in it. I am publishing it for my own cookbook and maybe you will enjoy it too. I made this tonight and it was easy and good.
- 1 standing rib roast (4-5lbs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley (rinsed)
- 1⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Season roast on all sides with salt, pepper and garlic. Place roast on rack in 13x9 inch baking dish. Bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, chop parsley coarsely. Combine in small bowl with bread crumbs and rosemary; set aside.
- Remove roast from oven. Coat roast with mustard and then bread crumb mixture. Bake 1 more hour or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees (medium rare) or up to 170 degrees (well done). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.
- Let roast stand 10-15 minutes before slicing; slice and serve.