Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 40 mins
A great no-fuss way to feed a crowd. I found this recipe in Chatelaine not too long ago and it is wonderful.
- Place beef, fat-side up, in a lightly oiled, shallow roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, stir Dijon with oil, thyme, pepper, rosemary and salt.
- Spread mixture evenly over fat and sides of meat.
- Coat ends lightly.
- Do no coat bottom.
- Let stand uncovered until meat comes to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Roast beef, uncovered in center of oven until meat thermometer inserted in centre of meat reads 135F (57C) for medium rare, about 20 minutes per pound.
- It is best to start checking temperature of meat after it has roasted for 1 3/4 hours.
- Remove to a cutting board and cover loosely with a tent of foil.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes before slicing.