Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a yummy alternative to traditional fried french fries. Recipe from Light and Tasty Magazine and one of my favorite ways to have potatoes. Don't be afraid of the herbs - they will not be overpowering in the finished product. If you do not like a strong pepper flavor definitely go to the lower amount suggested. Quick, easy, tasty, healthy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut potatoes into wedges. Add to mixing bowl.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil. Add each seasoning one at a time, tossing between each seasoning to evenly coat.
- Arrange on a single layer on baking sheet which is lined with quick release foil or spraying with nonstick cooking spray. I actually put a cooling rack on top of my baking sheet for all around crisping. I find this gives a good result.
- Bake at 425 for 40-45 until crisp tender (will depend on what size you cut the potatoes) and browned. Still once if not elevated on rack while cooking. I like them on the very crispy side and while they look overbrowned are very delicious!
- Serving size is approximately one cup.
These were easy to make and very tasty. The were enjoyed by the whole family. Will make again. Made for Fall PAC 2007.
Loved these!!!!! They had the perfect amount of crispiness and the herbs were really yummy. I subbed 1 tsp. dried rosemary for the 1 T of fresh, and it was still delightful. Thank you!