Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I used frozen halibut for this and wow its was very nice, the combination of herbs works for this recipe. Points 5.
- 16 ounces halibut steaks
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb, seasoned with herbes de Provence (thyme, oregano, rosemary, and basil)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup no-salt-added chicken broth or 1 cup homemade chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon small caper, well rinsed and minced
- 2 tablespoons finely minced flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Lightly rinse the halibut steaks and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place each steak between two sheets of plastic wrap and flatten to about 1/2-inch thick.
- Dip each steak into the beaten egg white, then into the breadcrumbs.
- Set aside.
- Lightly coat a cast iron skillet or a heavy nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Place over high heat and add the halibut steaks.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, turning once, until golden brown and fish flakes easily when prodded with a fork.
- Remove halibut steaks; keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy saucepan; add shallot and sauté for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the wine and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium-high heat until sauce is reduced by half.
- Add the chicken broth, capers, parsley, and cornstarch mixture.
- Bring sauce to a boil.
- Arrange halibut steaks on heated serving plates.
- Tap each with some of the sauce.
Wonderful recipe and I did not change a thing. Thank you Dancer !