1/4 Photos of Herb Crusted Fish Fillets
From April 2007 edition of Australian Super Food Ideas. Suggested you serve with oven-baked fries, lemon wedges and baby spinach. I used red snapper fillets (skin off) and served with mashed potatoe and steamed vegetables. The original recipe said 4 serves but the 700 grams of red snapper fillets I had could have served 5 to 6 with sides.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 750 g fish fillets (blue-eye cod skin on was recommended)
- 78.07 ml pine nuts
- 59.14 ml rolled oats
- 118.29 ml basil leaves
- 118.29 ml flat leaf parsley
- 29.58 ml thyme leaves
- 473.18 ml fresh breadcrumbs (I used wholemeal bread crusts cut off)
- 78.07 ml plain flour
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- vegetable oil (for cooking)
- 1Place pine nuts, oats and herbs in a food processor, process until finely chopped, add breadcrumbs and process to combine.
- 2Transfer some of the breadcrumb mixture to a shallow plate.
- 3Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls.
- 4Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius.
- 5Coat fish in flour, dip in egg, then coat in breadcrumb mixture, pressing crumbs on with fingertips to secure (top up breadcrumbs as required).
- 6Pour enough oil to cover the base of a large non-stick frying pan, heat over medium heat until hot.
- 7Cook fish for about 3 minutes each side (in batches if necessary - don't over crowd frypan) or until golden.
- 8Transfer to a wire rack over a baking tray.
- 9Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- 10Keep checking the fish, cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the fillets.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Crusted Fish Fillets
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.0
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 130.7 mg
- Sodium 388.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 38.0 g