Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Fresh herbs with a touch of lemon zest and you have a gorgeous meal. Serve with your favourite rice pilaf and a green salad. Use your favourite fish fillet.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Thumbs up from the husband. I used basil as the herb and cod for the fish and halved the recipe. I did do both sides of the fish, as I seemed to have a little too much mixture left. Made for Every Day Holiday Tag. :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano or 1⁄4 cup basil or 1⁄4 cup marjoram
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh lemon, zest of
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 2 lbs cod or 2 lbs tilapia fillets or 2 lbs perch fillets
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- On a cutting board place the herbs, garlic, lemon zest, and a little salt.
- Finely chop all together.
- Add the herb mixture to the bread crumbs.
- Brush the top of each fillet with olive oil and dip in to the bread crumb herb mixture.
- Brush baking pan with oil.
- Place the fillets, crumb side up.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until fish is done and flaky.