Recipe by litldarlin
I found this recipe in the Chicago Tribune, wanted to share it with everyone. I Hope you enjoy this recipe.
Top Review by Jules211
made this tonight it was good and we enjoyed the sauce. the crust was soggy, but i think with some "tweaking" i'm sure it will work out better next time. they liked the sauce so much they are using it for soft pretzles, and asked me to make onion rings. thanks for the post. served with a green salad and orzo primavera # 89710
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs chuck roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Rub over entire roast.
- Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meal is tender and reaches desired doneness.
- Medium-Rare, a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees F:.
- Medium, 160 degrees F:.
- Well-Done, 170 degrees F:.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the sauce ingredients.
- Serve with the roast.