Recipe by MarieRynr
This chicken is easy and delicious. The mustard butter may be made up to two weeks in advance and kept chilled.
For the Mustard Butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons coarse grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
For the Chicken
- 4 (8 ounce) boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon drumbled dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the mustard butter, combine the butter, shallot, pepper, salt, thyme and mustards in a bowl.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Shape the butter into a 7 inch log on waxed paper.
- Wrap in the waxed paper and chill until firm.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Combine the sage, oregano, ginger, rosemary, marjoram, thyme, celery seeds, pepper and salt in a shallow bowl.
- Coat the chicken in herb mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and saute the chicken breasts for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Arrange the chicken on serving plates.
- Serve with a slice of mustard butter on top.