Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This chicken is easy and delicious. The mustard butter may be made up to two weeks in advance and kept chilled.
For the Mustard Butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons coarse grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
For the Chicken
- 4 (8 ounce) boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon drumbled dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- To make the mustard butter, combine the butter, shallot, pepper, salt, thyme and mustards in a bowl.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Shape the butter into a 7 inch log on waxed paper.
- Wrap in the waxed paper and chill until firm.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Combine the sage, oregano, ginger, rosemary, marjoram, thyme, celery seeds, pepper and salt in a shallow bowl.
- Coat the chicken in herb mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and saute the chicken breasts for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Arrange the chicken on serving plates.
- Serve with a slice of mustard butter on top.