1 hr 30 mins
Delicious double crusted pot pie makes an irresistible comfort food for those cooler months, or a rainy summer evening. Perfect for using up those last scraps on your roasted chicken!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 15 tablespoons of cold butter
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sodium-free chicken stock
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups of pulled cooked chicken
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1Over high heat melt the filling butter, and add flour to make a roux.
- 2Add milk and chicken stock, whisk together.
- 3Reduce heat, add garlic powder, black pepper and pulled chicken meat, and simmer.
- 4Meanwhile, chop carrots and potatoes to bite sized pieces, and boil in medium saucepan until tender.
- 5Warm frozen peas and green beans in microwave or over stovetop as directed on package.
- 6Drain veggies and add to the cream mixture. Remove from heat.
- 7Sift together dry crust ingredients.
- 8Cut in cold butter, add water and gently pat together. Do NOT over mix!
- 9Divide dough in half and roll out on a floured surface.
- 10Line the bottom of a 10-12-inch glass bowl with half of the rolled dough. Press gently against inside.
- 11Add filling and top with the other half of the rolled dough.
- 12Seal edges by squeezing together top and bottom dough.
- 13Using a knife, cut several small incisions on surface of dough to allow steam to escape.
- 14Bake at 400°F on center rack for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Crust Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1000.8
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.4 g
- Saturated Fat 34.2 g
- Cholesterol 186.5 mg
- Sodium 1634.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sodium-free chicken stock