Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious double crusted pot pie makes an irresistible comfort food for those cooler months, or a rainy summer evening. Perfect for using up those last scraps on your roasted chicken!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 15 tablespoons of cold butter
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup sodium-free chicken stock
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups of pulled cooked chicken
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- Over high heat melt the filling butter, and add flour to make a roux.
- Add milk and chicken stock, whisk together.
- Reduce heat, add garlic powder, black pepper and pulled chicken meat, and simmer.
- Meanwhile, chop carrots and potatoes to bite sized pieces, and boil in medium saucepan until tender.
- Warm frozen peas and green beans in microwave or over stovetop as directed on package.
- Drain veggies and add to the cream mixture. Remove from heat.
- Sift together dry crust ingredients.
- Cut in cold butter, add water and gently pat together. Do NOT over mix!
- Divide dough in half and roll out on a floured surface.
- Line the bottom of a 10-12-inch glass bowl with half of the rolled dough. Press gently against inside.
- Add filling and top with the other half of the rolled dough.
- Seal edges by squeezing together top and bottom dough.
- Using a knife, cut several small incisions on surface of dough to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 400°F on center rack for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.