Recipe by Barb G.
Another delicious way to serve Broccoli. The recipe comes from Diabetic Gourmet.
Top Review by Geema
The crumb topping makes broccoli taste so good that you don't even think of it as a side dish. It's the best thing on the plate! I love using the pecans, but I'll bet walnuts would be good too. Good one Barb!
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 -4 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chervil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, cut into florets and stalks sliced,cooked
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray small skillet with cooking spray, heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add pecans and spray with cooking spray; cook over medium heat until toasted, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add breadcrumbs, Marjoram, and chervil to skillet; cook until crumbs are toasted, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- Season broccoli with salt and pepper to taste; arrange in serving bowl.
- Spoon crumb mixture over broccoli.