Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another delicious way to serve Broccoli. The recipe comes from Diabetic Gourmet.
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 -4 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chervil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, cut into florets and stalks sliced,cooked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray small skillet with cooking spray, heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add pecans and spray with cooking spray; cook over medium heat until toasted, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add breadcrumbs, Marjoram, and chervil to skillet; cook until crumbs are toasted, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- Season broccoli with salt and pepper to taste; arrange in serving bowl.
- Spoon crumb mixture over broccoli.
The crumb topping makes broccoli taste so good that you don't even think of it as a side dish. It's the best thing on the plate! I love using the pecans, but I'll bet walnuts would be good too. Good one Barb!