1/1 Photo of Herb Couscous Stuffed Tomatoes
I have had a similar dish but rice was used as an entree/starter at a restaurant and this one looks good, from Super Food Ideas. To make vegetarian use vegetable stock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tomatoes (large vin ripened)
- 1/3 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon currants
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (salt reduced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon almonds (slivered toasted)
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves (fresh chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves)
- 1 tablespoon chives (fresh finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan forced).
- 2Slice tops from the tomatoes and reserve.
- 3Using a teaspoon, scoop out flesh and seeds and place tomatoes and tops on a baking tray and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until just tender.
- 4Place couscous and currants in a heatproof bowl.
- 5Place stock and lemon juice in a microwave safe jug and microwave on high (100%) for 30 to 40 secons or until heated through.
- 6Stir stock mix into couscous mix and cover and stand for 5 minutes and then using a fork, stir to separate grains.
- 7Add almonds basil, parsley, chives and oil and season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- 8Divide couscous mix between tomato shells and replace top and serve.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Couscous Stuffed Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.0
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 36.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g