Prep 12 mins
Cook 8 mins
Little packets of fresh cooked fish! Quick and Oh-So-Easy! Good enough for company!
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion top
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 (5 ounce) halibut steaks, 3/4 inch thick
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- halved lemon slice, for garnish
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Have a baking sheet ready.
- In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs, parmesan, onion, parsley, basil and cloves.
- Stir in butter with fork until mixture is evenly moistened.
- Tear off four 12" squares of foil.
- Lightly coat one side of each with vegetable spray or oil.
- Place a fish steak on each square.
- Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with prepared crumb mixture.
- Spoon wine around each fish steak.
- Fold foil and seal edges securely.
- Arrange packets on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes or until done.
- Remove packets to plates; open carefully, garnish with lemon slices.
- To put packets together: Arrange ingredients in center of lower half of greased foil.
- Fold top half over food, bringing edges of foil together.
- Turn bottom edge 1/2", repeat to make a double fold; smooth with fingers.
- Double fold each end.
This was easy and very tasty. I had to cook the halibut for a few minutes longer than the recipe suggested, but all in all, it is a delicious recipe.