Little packets of fresh cooked fish! Quick and Oh-So-Easy! Good enough for company!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced green onion top
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 (5 ounce) halibut steaks, 3/4 inch thick
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup chicken broth
- halved lemon slice, for garnish
- 1Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Have a baking sheet ready.
- 3In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs, parmesan, onion, parsley, basil and cloves.
- 4Stir in butter with fork until mixture is evenly moistened.
- 5Tear off four 12" squares of foil.
- 6Lightly coat one side of each with vegetable spray or oil.
- 7Place a fish steak on each square.
- 8Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with prepared crumb mixture.
- 9Spoon wine around each fish steak.
- 10Fold foil and seal edges securely.
- 11Arrange packets on ungreased baking sheet.
- 12Bake 8 minutes or until done.
- 13Remove packets to plates; open carefully, garnish with lemon slices.
- 14To put packets together: Arrange ingredients in center of lower half of greased foil.
- 15Fold top half over food, bringing edges of foil together.
- 16Turn bottom edge 1/2", repeat to make a double fold; smooth with fingers.
- 17Double fold each end.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb-Cooked Halibut
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.0
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 97.0 mg
- Sodium 2675.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 33.5 g