A very simple but yummy way to prepare cod. The buttery flavor has saved more than one meal of frozen cod at our house. I thank Harriet Stichter of Milford, IN for submitting this to TOH, as it appears in the TOH cookbook.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish.
- Crush butter-flavored crackers either in a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin or bottle of sherry, or in a food processor.
- Melt butter over low heat, and place in a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the crackers, cheese and seasonings.
- Dip fillets in butter, then coat with crumbs.
- Place coated cod fillets in baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.