1 hr 5 mins
A spicy, herbal oven-fried chicken to serve with rice and mojo. Mojo is a sauce used in many Latin countries. It is essentially a vinaigrette but the oil is heated before it's added, giving a more subtle flavour. Brown the chicken ahead of time and bake when needed. Thighs have the most flavour but breasts may be used. Bake breasts for 5 minutes less. Boned chicken thighs are available at the supermarket or ask your butcher to remove the bones for you. This recipe may be grilled instead of baked. Grill chicken 6 minutes per side or until juices are clear. Mojo keeps about 2 weeks in the refrigerator. From Food and Drink.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 boneless chicken thighs or 3 lbs boneless chicken breasts, skin on
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1Trim fat and extra skin from thighs. Combine lime zest and juice, garlic, herbs, red pepper flakes, salt and 3 tbsp oil in a bowl.
- 2Toss with chicken and marinate for 1 hour on the counter or up to 4 hours, refrigerated.
- 3Preheat oven to 400°F
- 4Heat remaining oil in non-stick skillet. Drain chicken, add the pieces skin-side-down, do not crowd the pan.
- 5Fry 3 minutes. Turn over and fry 1 minute more.
- 6Continue browning remaining chicken.
- 7Place on rack in oven over a baking sheet and bake 20 minutes or until juices are clear.
- 8To make the mojo:.
- 9Combine all ingredients except olive oil in bowl.
- 10Heat olive oil in a pot until very hot. Pour olive oil over mixture.
- 11Cool and reserve until needed.
- 12Serve chicken drizzled with mojo sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Chicken With Cuban Mojo
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 860.7
- Calories from Fat 631
- Total Fat 70.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 236.8 mg
- Sodium 249.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 49.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: