Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tender marinated chicken is skewered with fresh vegetables for an easy grilled chicken dinner. This is a recipe courtesy of Land O Lakes site.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half, cut into about 32 (or sirloin roast)
- 8 small mushrooms
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 8 (1-inch)
- 1 summer squash, cut into 8 (1-inch)
- 4 (12 inch) metal skewers
- Combine all marinade ingredients in large plastic resealable food bag; add chicken pieces. Tightly seal bag. Turn bag to coat chicken well. Place into 13x9-inch pan. Refrigerate, turning occasionally, at least 3 hours. Drain; reserve marinade.
- Heat one-side of gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white. Place coals in charcoal grill to one-side. Make aluminum foil drip pan; place opposite heat.
- To assemble kabobs, alternately thread chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes, bell pepper and squash onto skewers. Brush kabobs with marinade. Place kabobs on grill over drip pan. Grill, turning and basting occasionally, until chicken is fork tender (15 to 20 minutes).
Excellent! Great marinade. Made for holiday tag.