Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A slightly different twist to chicken roll-ups. Has a nice herby taste.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- Flatten breasts between wax paper; spread 1/4 cup butter on chicken.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place a piece of Mozzarella cheese in the center; wrap chicken up and secure with toothpicks.
- Dredge in flour; dip in beaten egg, roll in bread crumbs and place in baking dish.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter and add parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.
- Pour over each rolled breast.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour, basting occasionally.
- Then add wine and cook another 1/2 hour, basting often.
Yum! Loved these, I used chicken stock instead of wine as I dont usually cook with alcohol (kids think it tastes gross). Turned out very moist and delicious!