Recipe by BritniSB
A simple and tasty dish suited for the whole family!
Top Review by mspecangirl
OMG this was yummy. I will make this again and again. I did make a small change. I used cream of mushroom soup (did not have cream of chicken), and used home made chicken broth instead of wine as I did not have that on hand either LOL, and left out the celery (DH does not like). Well it was just so yummy. DH and I could not stop eating this, we walked away from the table so full, we stat in living room saying “Oh our stomach hurts, I am so full.” It was like Thanksgiving LOL. Thank for posting it was so good, will make again and again. Next time hope to have wine on had so I could add it.
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 3 large chicken breasts, halved
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup sauterne white wine
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1 (3 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare rice by directions.
- Season chicken, brown chicken slowly in butter.
- In a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish add rice, then chicken.
- Add soup to skillet, slowly add Sauterne, then other remaining ingredients, boil.
- Pour Soup mix over chicken.
- Cover, bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Uncover, bake an additional 15-20 minutes.