Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are similar to a herbed breadstick. Super simple to make because you use refrigerated buttermilk biscuits. From the Simple 1-2-3 Easy Appetizers cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400°F Microwave butter in small bowl on Medium (50%) just until melted; cool slightly. Stir in cheese, parsley and basil. Set aside.
- Pat each biscuit into a 5 x 2-inch rectangle. Spread 1 teaspoon butter mixture onto each rectangle; cut each in half lengthwise. Twist each strip 3 or 4 times.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Hint: Save even more time by using ready-to-bake breadsticks. Spread the butter mixture onto the breadsticks, then bake them according to the package directions.
Just excellent and so easy to put together. I would add some garlic to the recipe next time but other than that wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing. Made for Australia/NZ Swap event. :)
I loved these! They were quick to make, but such a great use of refrigerated biscuits. Really a perfect recipe. I definitely will be making these again. I made a double batch and am very pleased that I did! Thank you Crafty Lady 13!
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #47* Serving the last of turkey soup, was a perfect side ! Did the breadstick version, and coated with the herb mix and a tad of crushed garlic. Very tasty -- and a sure keeper. Thanks for posting, Crafty Lady.