Recipe by cookiedog
This sauce has 3 ingredients and will be ready in the time it takes to cook the pasta. I like Aloutte cream/boursin cheese with this.
Top Review by Geca
SPECTACULAR! My new favorite quick meal! Unbelievable, tastes like I've spent a long careful time preparing. I only had lite cream cheese with no flavoring, so I heated some garlic, oregano and basil in the oil first. Then I added the spinach and when it was wilted, the cream cheese. I was also liberal with salt and pepper and finally, I added something extra: some feta cheese which I melted down right before I finished cooking it. Really unbelievable! EDITED TO ADD: After making it a few more times I found that adding about 2tsbp of water after adding the cream cheese helps the consistency, makes it less goopy and easier to spread and coat pasta
- 1 lb pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb fresh spinach (stemmed and washed but not dried, and torn into pieces)
- 6 ounces cream cheese with garlic and herbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Add wet spinach; cover pan; cook until spinach is wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste until cheese is melted.(You can also add a couple of tablespoons of water or milk if desired).
- To serve, spoon over 1 pound of pasta, cooked.