Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This sauce has 3 ingredients and will be ready in the time it takes to cook the pasta. I like Aloutte cream/boursin cheese with this.
- 1 lb pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb fresh spinach (stemmed and washed but not dried, and torn into pieces)
- 6 ounces cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- Heat olive oil in medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Add wet spinach; cover pan; cook until spinach is wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste until cheese is melted.(You can also add a couple of tablespoons of water or milk if desired).
- To serve, spoon over 1 pound of pasta, cooked.
SPECTACULAR! My new favorite quick meal! Unbelievable, tastes like I've spent a long careful time preparing. I only had lite cream cheese with no flavoring, so I heated some garlic, oregano and basil in the oil first. Then I added the spinach and when it was wilted, the cream cheese. I was also liberal with salt and pepper and finally, I added something extra: some feta cheese which I melted down right before I finished cooking it. Really unbelievable! EDITED TO ADD: After making it a few more times I found that adding about 2tsbp of water after adding the cream cheese helps the consistency, makes it less goopy and easier to spread and coat pasta
Mixed reviews at my house. I added roasted chicken and lots of pepper, and actually enjoyed it--I'd give it an almost 4......ease of coming together and pleasant enough taste. Husband wasn't impressed. Proclaimed it 1 ingedient too many. Maybe I have had 1 husband too many? ;-) haha
The sauce amount is nowhere near enough for 1lb of pasta! Shame on me for thinking the recipe proportions were correct. :(. I added some pasta water to the cheese/spinach mixture to help it melt together but when I mixed it with the pasta it was SO DRY. Sad.