Recipe by 5JFs
This is one of my grandmother's specialties. The smell of the bread baking is wonderful and the taste is heaven. Everytime I make it I think of her.
Top Review by Nyteglori
I didn't realize when I picked this recipe that this was very similar to a recipe my MIL use to make. When I tasted it I was quite surprised to have found her lost recipe. I think she used more dill though. I will definitely make this again but I will double the dill.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet dry active yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first seven ingredients using only 1 cup of the flour (save the rest).
- Heat milk, cheese, sugar, and butter on stovetop till warm.
- Add both mixtures plus egg in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at low speed 30 seconds.
- Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining flours and beat till smooth.
- Knead 1 minute.
- Cover and let rise about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Place dough into a well greased 8" casserole dish.
- Let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 325 for 35-40 minutes.