Recipe by Sue Lau
Spread on fresh crusty baguettes, Italian breads, and dinner rolls. Also goes well on steamed veggies and baked potatoes.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure butter is sufficiently warm enough to spread.
- Blend herbs into butter, mixing well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill in sealed container.
- Note: herb butter will keep for up to 1 week in refrigerator.
- Note: To reduce calories and fat, fat-free margarine also works well in this recipe, but do not let the fat-free margarine sit out to warm.