Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A variation of my other herb butter recipe. Spread on crusty fresh breads and rolls. Also goes well on steamed veggies and baked potatoes.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- fresh ground pepper
- Make sure butter is sufficiently warm enough to spread.
- Blend herbs and cheese into butter, mixing well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill in sealed container.
- Note: herb butter will keep for up to 1 week in refrigerator.
- Note: to reduce calories and fat, fat-free margarine also works well in this recipe, but do not let the fat-free margarine sit out to warm.
Excellent herbed butter! I served this on sourdough rolls.
Great herb butter! Just so you guys know, this was in competition with butter from the Amish country, and the kids, and adults, having dinner, kept asking for "Beth's special butter" which was actually Sue L'S ! Definitely delicious and wonderful on fresh breadd - thanks, Sue L! I halved all amounts since I was using dried herbs - a HUGE hit! Wonderful!
I got some fresh herbs from my sister's garden and didn't know what to do with them. So--I searched the ingredients I had, and found this! Boy, is it good on toast. I left out the oregano-personal preference, and "spilled" the rosemary and parsely a little-hehehe. I can't wait to try it on corn. I put it in real butter, but it's a little crumbly now that it's cold again. It's even better after it sits overnight in the fridge and blends a little--I am going to keep making it in advance of serving it. It's a keeper, especially if my sister keeps growing herbs ;-) !