- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup day old breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 2 long crusty breadsticks
- lettuce leaf
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and heat the barbecue.
- Place ground beef in mixing bowl and combine with the herbs, lemon juice, breadcrumbs, egg, and salt and pepper.
- Mix with your hands until well combined.
- Divide in to 8 portions.
- Shape the portions in to rectangular shaped patties about 6 inches long.
- Place on a hot barbecue plate and cook for 8-10 minutes each side, until well browned and cooked through.
- Cut each bread stick in to 4 sections, then each piece in half horizontally.
- Top each half with lettuce, tomato a herb burger and ketchup.
- Place remaining half of bread on top and serve immediately.