Recipe by Derf
A favorite way to serve tomatoes. Nice side dish. From Cooking Light, 1988
Top Review by Jess96
Hi, made this recipe tonight as a side veg. with dinner, simple to make, we enjoyed. Really enjoy your site, just starting to eat and live a healthier life style and your recipes have been great. they are recipes that I can live with and enjoy because its not easy changing your life style in your mid 50's. Thanks Jessie
- 3⁄4 cup bite size shredded whole wheat cereal, finely crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 3 medium tomatoes
- fresh parsley sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, add margarine, stirring well. Set aside.
- Cut tomatoes in half crosswise.
- Place tomato halves, cut side up on rack of broiler pan.
- Broil 7 inches from heat for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with cereal mixture, broil 1 additional minute or until lightly browned.
- Place on a serving platter.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.