Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this in one of the supermarket cookbooks that can be found by the cash register. It' really good, but the real reason for getting it posted is that it is needed for Italian Chicken and Linguini, which I have also posted.
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- Combine all ingredients, except chicken. Mix well.
- Spray broiler pan, place chicken on pan and brush with half of the butter mixture.
- Broil 4 - 6" from heat for 5 - 6 minutes, turn chicken and brush with remaining butter mixture.
- Broil a further 5 - 6 minutes, or until chicken is fork tender, and juices run clear.
A lovely, quick and easy way to do chicken. The reason that it's 4 stars is because the dry Italian Mix herbs became a bit crunchy under the broiler. The next time I do this I'll make up the marinade a couple of hrs in advance so they'll have time to soften. That should make all the difference. I made one chicken breast and it was very good.