Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I make these for my husband often--he loves them. They are a quick side dish.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oleo
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canspeeled & sliced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups herbed croutons
- Melt oleo in large saucepan over low heat.
- Add onion and cook till onion is soft but not browned.
- Stir in tomatoes, brown sugar and salt.
- Cook about 10 more minutes on low heat till heated through.