1/1 Photo of Herb Bread (Pane all'Erbe)
4 hrs 40 mins
Use Italian parsley if you can get your hands on it, if not the curly American will be fine.
My Private Note
round l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a sharp knife or a food processor, chop the parsley, onion and garlic until finely minced.
- 2Stir the yeast into the water, let stand 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in the minced parsley mixture and the oil.
- 4Mix the flour and salt and stir in 1 c at a time until the dough comes together.
- 5Knead on a floured surface until silky and elastic (about 8 to 10 minutes) Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hr.
- 6The dough should be soft and pillowy.
- 7Punch dough down on a floured surface and knead it briefly.
- 8Cut the dough in half and shape each half into a round loaf.
- 9Place loaves on a lightly oiled baking sheet and cover with a towel and let rise until doubled (1 hr) Preheat oven to 400F.
- 10Bake until the loaves sound hollow when you tap the bottoms (40 to 45 minutes) Cool completely on racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Bread (Pane all'Erbe)
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.6
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 293.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g