Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A moist and tasty recipe from an old Southern Living magazine. Top with shredded spinach leaves and tomato slices.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- shredded spinach leaves
- tomatoes, slices
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl until blended. (Do not overwork meat mixture.) Shape mixture into 4 (5-inch) patties.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350 to 400 degrees) 5-6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Scoop out the soft centers from bottom half of rolls, leaving 1/4 inch-thick shells. Place burgers in shells; top evenly with spinach and tomato slices, and cover with roll tops.
Nice flavorful turkey burger! The basil flavor is strong and goes well with the lemon and garlic. Pretty moist too, especially considering there were no eggs or breadcrumbs for binder. Tasty burger - thanks for sharing the recipe!