Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was created as a result of my interest in raising and using herbs.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, real mayonnaise,not salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, more to taste
- 1 cup milk
- Combine all the ingredients, mix well.
- Divide the dough into the cups of a 12 compartment greased muffin tin.
- Bake in preheated 400-degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Herbal variations: sage to serve with chicken or pork dishes; mint to serve with lamb; basil to serve with eggs or with tomato-based casseroles; tarragon with chicken; etc.
Loved these biscuits! I used skim milk, followed your suggestion and used basil for a tomato based recipe I made, and enjoyed! Will be trying other herbs both dried and fresh. Thank you Clark for posting this recipe!
Delicious and sooo easy! Clark, I must admit I was skeptible about these which is why it took me so long to try them, but they worked out perfectly! We used buttermilk (instead of regular milk) and a good sprinkling of dried basil (at least 1 1/2 teaspoons) for scrumptious no-work muffins. Thanks Clark for posting this keeper recipe. We will be making these often on harried days.