Recipe by TXOLDHAM
I found this in the Dallas Morning News a long time ago. 90 calories per serving. Low Fat
Top Review by Laura Meehan
This needs to be baked far longer than the recipe specifies, and it is also quite bland. And I am not generally picky about things being bland. It could be broiled to decrease cooking time, and it would be greatly improved with the addition of slightly more salt, maybe some garlic powder, slightly less onion--somehow the simmered onion added to the blandness--or whatever else you care to try. Has great potential though; I love polenta.
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover and simmer onion and 1/4 cup water for 5 minutes or until tender. Add remaining water along with herbs and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Gradually add cornmeal stirring constantly. Continue to stir cooking until thick. (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Spray nonstick coating on a baking sheet. Spread polenta evenly about 3/4 inch thick. Let cool or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375. Drizzle oil over polenta and brush to cover. Sprinkle with the cheese. If you want crisp edges, cut into squares or triangles and separate slightly.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until hot and crispy. Serve hot.