Recipe by pesce_gurl
Super quick and easy fish dish from the Favorite Brand Names Cookbook. It also doesn't put too much of a dent in the pocketbook. Microwave directions follow.
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb unbreaded fish fillet, thawed if frozen
- 1 dash paprika (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In 8x12" baking dish, combine hot bouillon, uncookedd rice and seasonings.
- Bake, covered, at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Top with broccoli, 1/2 can french fried onions and Parmesan cheese.
- Place fish fillets diagonally down the center of the dish; sprinkle fish lightly with paprika.
- Bake, covered, at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Stir rice.
- Top fish with Cheddar cheese and remaining onions; bake, uncovered, 3 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Microwave Directions: In 8x12" microwave-safe dish, prepare rice mixture as above, except reduce bouillon to 1 1/4 cups.
- Cook, covered, on HIGH 5 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Stir in broccoli, 1/2 can onions and the Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange fish fillets in single layer on top of rice mixture; sprinkle fish lightly with paprika.
- Cook, covered, on MEDIUM for 18-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork and rice is done.
- Rotate dish halfway through cooking.
- Top fish with Cheddar cheese and remaining onions; cook, uncovered, on HIGH for 1 minute or until cheese melts.
- Let stand 5 minutes.