Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to make for a delicious dinner.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- Preheat to 350º.
- Rinse chicken and pat the chicken dry using paper towels.
- Place the chicken between a double thickness of waxed paper and using a kitchen mallet, pound to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Brush each chicken breast lightly with olive oil and place the chicken into a shallow baking pan in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, combine the wine, lemon juice, tarragon, basil, and red pepper flakes and pour this mixture over the chicken.
- Turn chicken several times to coat and bake until the chicken is fork tender and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
My DH just started a low fat diet and I made this for dinner. It was yummy. DD said it smelled like apples cooking.
Very nice recipe! I ended up making a few substitutions based on when I had on hand (apple juice instead of wine, rosemary instead of tarragon) and it tasted great. The only issue I had was that the baking time took much longer than 30 minutes; it was actually closer to an hour for me, but the chicken breasts I used were quite large. Anyways, the chicken was very moist, tender, and flavorful. I'm mad that my camera battery was dead because it looked beautiful! I'll try to get a picture next time. Thanks for sharing the recipe.