Recipe by kansasjosh
Hands down the best salad I've ever had in my life. Tangy salad with warm baked coated goat cheese patties thrown on top. Good for any meal, but would probably impress friends/family at a get together. This takes a little time, so not something I make frequently, but worth the effort for sure. Don't be intimidated by the ingredients, I found them all at the local supermarket without difficulty. I got the recipe from a local professional chef Tanya. She gave us permission to pass this on.
- 1 package log capricorn goat cheese or 1 package other fresh goat cheese, sliced into 3/4 inch rounds
- 1 cup toasted breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon fresh chives or 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, freshly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- mixed greens, salad
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the bread crumbs, herbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Place the egg and flour each in separate bowls.
- Spray a cookie sheet with no-stick spray and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dip each cheese round in egg, then flour, then egg again, then crumbs, and place on cookie sheet.
- Repeat until completed (should get 6-10 servings).
- Spray the tops of the cheese with more no-stick cooking spray.
- Bake cheeses until crisp and browned, about 10 minutes.
- Place all vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl and whisk together well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Dress crip mixed greens with vinaigrette.
- Place 1-2 WARM cheese patties on top of individual salads servings and serve.