Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I introduced the sandwiches at a natural food restaurant I managed. They were a hit!!
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped watercress
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 1 golden delicious apple, cored and thinly sliced
- alfalfa sprout (optional)
- orange section (optional)
- In small bowl, combine cheese, green onion, watercress, orange peel and honey; mix well.
- Spread cheese mixture on bread; top with apple slices and second slice of bread.
- Garnish with sprouts and orange sections.
Simple & quick to make with a great flavor combination. With the addition of a little lemon juice on the apples this sandwich has become a once or twice a week staple addition to my lunch bag. To make it even quicker I now skip the green onion & use a prepared spreadable cream cheese & chive.
This Tea Sandwich was picked by the Meux Home Museum to use at our Spring Tea. The sample I provided was a hit! Something really different. The Victorian ladies will just love this. Thanks for putting the receipe up for grabs. ~ Judi ~