Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Been on a fish-cooking frenzy. Husband and I tried this one and liked it quite well. The herb amounts are pretty reasonable estimates. We actually just sprinkled the herbs onto the steaks till it looked right.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 4 halibut steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup chablis or 1⁄2 cup other dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big non-stick skillet, let the butter melt over medium heat.
- Place halibut steaks in skillet in a single layer.
- Cook steaks 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Add in the wine and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients over the fish steaks.
- Cover and lower the heat; simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with pan drippings.