Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
In '1,000 Low-Calorie Recipes' by Jackie Newgent, RD'
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons plain almond milk or 2 tablespoons light soymilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (white or black)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unsalted butter (or unrefined peanut oil)
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 large cooked sweet potato, unpeeled, scrubbed, and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Whisk together the eggs, almond milk, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallot and saute until softened, about 3 minutes; stir in the sweet potato.
- Decrease heat to med-low.
- Pour in egg mixture and cook while scrambling until custard-like, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in the parsley, chives, and tarragon.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.
- Per serving, 140 calories, 6 g fat, 12 g carb, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.